Raa Atoll - Boat Diving
Our traditional daily diving boats (dhoni) depart from You & Me Resort, directly next to the Dive Centre, where dive sites are reached within 10 to 60 minutes.
We offer 2 tank dives in the morning leaving at 08:00 and returning at about 13:00. An afternoon single boat dive will be provided. Full day trips to further away dive sites will be organised on a regular basis.
- Standard boat dives include 2 morning dives a day with guide, tanks and weights
- Approximate duration is 08:00 to 13:00 depending on sites visited
- Additional afternoon dives, subject to availability, leave at approximately 14:30
- Special trips to sites further afield are arranged in resort
- Private dive boat including a private guide can be arranged at the resort
- If you haven't dived for a while we recommend you take a scuba review as required by your training organisation
(Some of the dives are included in the dive package price and visited on a rotational basis)
Raa Atoll Diving: Channels and Thila diving
Current: Moderate to strong
Water Temperature: 27°C -30°C
Diver Experience: Beginner to Advanced
Diving Season: All year round
Suitable for Snorkellers: Yes, please talk to the dive centre
No. of Dive Sites: 11
Also known as North Maalhosmadulu, Raa Atoll in the Maldives has several channels and thilas with a spectacular spectrum of colourful marine life. Expect exceptionally good dive sites where soft coral gardens are characteristic of this area.
Favourite dives include the Labyrinth, Ahra Bodu Thila, Beriyan Bodu Thila, Kudatholadhoo Thila, Sola Corner, Vaadhoo Thila and so many more that it's no surprise the Raa Atoll is a very attractive dive destination.
What you could see beneath the sea:
Turtles, parrotfish, angelfish, butterflyfish, clownfish, barracuda, tuna, Napoleon wrasse, moray eels, stingrays, eagle rays, manta rays, grey reef sharks, tiger shark, guitar rays and occasionally whale sharks.